Wow, where does time go.... We have been busy with institute. The kids LOVE playing David ping pong. He is the big "challenge" they all want to beat him, but only 1 has succeeded in doing that one time! He accredits it all to OWEN! And having to learn how to defend his big brothers game. I will be ready for the break of institute and seminary come June! It will be a chance to clean house. It seems like everything gets put on hold during the school year. Spring break was nice, just not long enough. We had Easter dinner here at our place with Julie and her roommate, Angie, Justin and Fiola, and Jo and her family. It was fun. The kids are always entertaining. It was fun to get together, although I missed our other 2. Schulthies had gone to Oregon, and Brian in Texas.
Julie is loving cosmetology school. I miss having her around though. David enjoys the quiet, he always says "listen"! It really is different. Angie is doing super with her schooling. She has only missed one question with all her tests. Talk about top of the class! She has a real knack for learning it and is really enjoying it.
The first of the month I flew Mom to see my 2 brothers in Idaho, and a cousin had a retirement party. It was a quick one day event. We flew in Saturday afternoon, had his birthday dinner and flew out Sunday afternoon. Then the end of the month Mom and I flew out and surprized my sister in Michigan. Her husband was gone for a week. It was a lot of fun. I had never been to her house before. But I was glad to get back to the warmth of Vegas. I am spoiled in my old age, I don't enjoy the cold. Mom is doing well physically, however mentally she struggles. Between depression and senility she thinks she has it tough. But she has great health and a nice home so she is blessed. Just a few aches and pains, nothing major. I signed her up to work at the humanitarian center each week. It's closer than the temple so she can drive to it.
Julie is loving cosmetology school. I miss having her around though. David enjoys the quiet, he always says "listen"! It really is different. Angie is doing super with her schooling. She has only missed one question with all her tests. Talk about top of the class! She has a real knack for learning it and is really enjoying it.
The first of the month I flew Mom to see my 2 brothers in Idaho, and a cousin had a retirement party. It was a quick one day event. We flew in Saturday afternoon, had his birthday dinner and flew out Sunday afternoon. Then the end of the month Mom and I flew out and surprized my sister in Michigan. Her husband was gone for a week. It was a lot of fun. I had never been to her house before. But I was glad to get back to the warmth of Vegas. I am spoiled in my old age, I don't enjoy the cold. Mom is doing well physically, however mentally she struggles. Between depression and senility she thinks she has it tough. But she has great health and a nice home so she is blessed. Just a few aches and pains, nothing major. I signed her up to work at the humanitarian center each week. It's closer than the temple so she can drive to it.
1 comment:
Dave,
I can see you really going after it when playing ping pong. Keep those young'uns on their toes.
reta
Post a Comment