Sunday, September 12, 2010

Vivian & David

Our August began with getting to have Gregory and his family here along with Stephanie and her children with us. The next night we all went to the Braves Mormon Night baseball game.

We got to have Stephanie, Grant, Clark, and Natalie with us for the first week of August as Stephanie continued to try and make moving plans to Utah/from Minneapolis. Then Matt flew down to drive them home. It was fun having them here. Let me tell you that the Sorensen’s could write a book about miracles beginning with the way Matt met his new-now-LDS church employer to the finding the house in Cedar Hills, UT that seems to have been preserved for them.

I am responsible for the Stake Primary Activity Day on October 9th. So I spent several days on trying to thoroughly organize and plan it before emailing the plans and instructions to the class teachers and leaders.

On the 14th we left for Utah. We got to attend BYU Ed Week; which was a feast for me. Plus we got to attend church with Steve and hear him teach his Sunday School class. I also got to have lunch with Lila, Reta, and Elaine, while Elaine was in town. The South Africa Durban missionary couple reunion that I had organized with Pres. & Sister Mann was very successful with about 35 of us in attendance for dinner and visiting. Then the next morning, David & I got to have a one-on-one breakfast with the Mann's [who had just returned home last month].

We also got to have dinner with other missionary couple friends the Baum's & Uffens. On another occasion we had dinner in Elder & Sister Patterson’s home, after attending church with them. We knew them in the Newcastle/ Ladysmith area. They also had just returned from a mission in Zambia /Zimbabwe.

Another enjoyable dinner was with our friends the Tolman's who we had not seen since our Champaign-Urbana, Ill graduate school days. And at BYU Ed Week we saw the Bray's, whom we have not seen since C-U days either. In Utah we also attended the Music & Spoken Word program, and had a UT Dibb sibling dinner.

Now I'm loving being home the last five days of August and I’m thinking I’d better consider going on a diet. Otherwise I am doing my at-home-things.

Connie, we do send our sympathy to you and your family about of the death of your mother.
Love y’all.

No comments: