Sunday, September 12, 2010

Elaine & Dean

The month of August was a busy month, it is almost a blur. Payson, Megan and Justin all had birthdays in August, and Megan and Andy celebrated their 12th anniversary and a day later, on August 23rd Adam and Stephanie celebrated their 9th anniversary.

Amy’s three little boys were all very involved in the Mud Lake County fair. It is always fun to see their pictures and hear their funny stories about all that happened. It seem liked everybody’s families stayed busy farming and the like.

We had a ward camp out one Friday night and Saturday morning, but Dean was up at the stake’s MTC camp, so I rode to Caldwell and back with some friends for just Friday night, as I didn’t want to camp by myself.

On the only free weekend in August we had, we took the four wheeler and went for a ride out in the mountains. It is always fun to pack a lunch and just enjoy the beautiful summer weather.

We went to UT one weekend and it fun to see most of Dean’s family again. I called Lila to see if I could go to lunch with her and Reta, but found out Viv was there for BYU Ed Week, so she was able to come too. It is not very often that happens, so we had a lot of fun.

We went to Idaho Falls the 27th and 28th for the first annual JD Premium convention and it was awesome. Because Matt, Andy and Amy were all at the convention too, we were able to spend a lot of time with them, so the whole weekend was just delightful.

While having lunch in UT the four of us discussed Viv’s trip to the northwest and getting to see the Bowns cousins. Viv shared with us their desire to learn more about the Bowns genealogy line, and Lila shared requested she has received from the Bowns cousins about their family history as well.

So, we were wondering what the original seven would think about asking the original seven Bowns cousins to join us for the family reunion we have planned for the 3rd week in June. If we want to invite them, I would get in touch with Teresa Bowns who lives here in Boise and see if she would like to co chair the reunion with me.

I didn’t want to proceed with inviting the Bowns until I heard back from all of you to make sure that was something you are ok with. If you will just email elaine@sunshinelandscape.net
or call me [208-884-8546] with your thoughts about inviting them that would be great. I think it would be a blast for all fourteen of us, and our spouses to get together and catch up on the past and learn more about each other. I think Lila has already offered to help put together some family history and she would be willing to share that with all of us.

So what do you think, should we invite the Bowns? Just let me know ASAP.

No comments: