Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vivian & David

May began with me being in NYC at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel where the American Mothers, Inc. organization began 75 years ago. We celebrated their 75th Diamond Jubilee {and had some board meetings}. David flew up after the meeting and we stayed with the Douglas’, our Atlanta friends that moved there a few months ago. We got to see two great shows together.

Nicolas turned three on the 7th so we went up to Nashville to join in the celebrations of his birthday party. I think what he will remember most is that his Dad was (the) “Batman”.

On Mother’s Day we went downtown and joined some of the other Georgia Mothers in helping serve breakfast to the Homeless mothers. It was such a good feeling to render this service.

We had FHE for our ward here in our home; a Family History specialist came. However, David was doing FHE for our former Peachtree Corners Ward because some had heard how good his presentation was wanted to hear it too.

The next day, David got a hole-in-one at his golf course.

I got to ride with several of my PTC ward friends to attend a session at the Birmingham, Alabama Temple [an all day affair with good friends].

The last two weeks of May was much for relaxing for me. I had the freedom of some uninterrupted time to unpack boxes of toys, books, etc. We bought two more book cases to use.

Our Isaiah class ended for the summer.
I got to take a good friend to lunch for her birthday. I helped make and serve lunch for the Elders for their Zone Conf. I had my first Executive committee meeting as the new secretary for the Georgia Mothers organization.

We received exciting news that Melinda and Gregory are expecting #3 in September.

I had sweet ending for the month of May by having Amelia and Nicholas here while Gregory took Melinda downtown for a couple of nights for their 7th wedding anniversary. With the kids, we played together lots and had a lot of fun.

Gregory and Melinda got back to go to church with us and we had an Anniversary Dinner for them. Then on Memorial Day was a fun day together and concluded with a BBQ.

No comments: