Sunday, January 10, 2010

Vivian & David

Our December was filled with wonderful things. We unpacked our Christmas Decorations and decorated our home {our first in three years; maybe next year we'll have a tree, too}. I also got my sewing supplies unpacked. I then made pj's for the grandkiddleo's for Christmas, except by then Gregory and family had already left for Mexico to work there for the month.

For Christmas we enjoyed the Peachtree Corners annual Creche Festival followed with the First Presidency Christmas Fireside. We also enjoyed our new Stake's Christmas Choir performance with the Methodist Bell Choir.

PPI did a Christmas Lunch this year and also had a family night at the Thrasher's Ice Hockey game. So that was fun.

I was happy to get our Christmas greetings and cards out this year; some were done via email. I even learned how to order some gifts on-line; a new 'gift' to give for me.
We invited some of our new ward members to our home for a Christmas FHE/Potluck dinner and we hope to try to get a ward group started to meet every month. We shared homemade bread with our neighbor friends. We received Christmas carolers from both friends and neighbors. The Laurels also came caroling and they brought us cookies they had made, too. The Laurels and Priests are having a Preach My Gospel weekly study class and we hosted that this month.

David & I again enjoyed our wedding anniversary.
We went on the temple trip to the Burning ham, Alabama Temple. The trip took eleven hours for one endowment session.

At the beginning of the month, I flew to Minneapolis to surprise Rebecca for her baby shower. She was surprised and it was fun to be with her and lots of her friends.

Then for Christmas we went back to MN for ten days where we got to enjoy Christmas Eve with David & Rebecca, and Christmas Day with Matt & Stephanie and got to play with the grandchildren and their new games. Then we got to spend New Year's Eve at the Sorensen’s with the Molanphy's. On New Year's Day we all got to enjoy a movie and some time together at the Molanphy's.

It was a great month, and it has been a great year. We send our love and best wishes for the New Year and decade.

No comments: