Friday, July 16, 2010

Owen & Sharon

Hi Family, How's your summer going for each of you? Our merry month of June was eventful. Our granddaughter, Madeline fifth grade graduation ceremony was on the 4th. She's going on to middle school this fall.

Owen and I enjoyed a trip to Kansas City and Branson Mo. At Kansas City we visited Liberty Jail, The Community of Christ Temple (RLDS) and the church's Independence, Mo. visitor’s center. Also enjoyed some famous Kansas City BBQ.

On our way to Branson we stopped to visit the Precious Moments Chapel and gift shop for Sharon. Then for Owen we stopped at the first or original Bass Pro Shop in Springfield. Then on to Branson where we met up with Vivian and Dave.

The first evening we watched the Japanese Violin player Sosji Tabuchi Show. It was a first class production with singers and dancers included. Then on Tuesday the 15th we went to SIX. They are six brothers that sing as well as make their own voices sound like musical instruments. They are a LDS group. In addition we went to the IMAX and saw Legends of the Ozarks. That evening we saw "The Baldknobbers" a hillbilly comedy group and singers.

The next day we rode on the Showboat Branson Belle which
gave us a cruise around Table Rock Lake. This included a lunch and variety show. Then
that afternoon to the IMAX again for a view of the landscape in Australia. That evening we enjoyed some good laughs at Yakov Smirnoff the Russian comedian. Need a spot to spend some money and see shows visit Branson.

The next week off to YW girl’s camp. I haven't been camping for many years. Loved it and the girls were great. I actually did something I have never done before. I did REPELLING down the rock cliffs near the Owyhee Dam. I think the reason I wasn't afraid was because I was so tired. At the bottom of the cliff the fellow that helped me out of the ropes said I had been the fastest person that day.
Do you think we did enough for the month of June? Seems pretty quiet now we are home again.

No comments: