Thursday, February 11, 2010

Elaine & Dean

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of January is, the Boise State Bronco’s won the Humanitarian Bowl Game on January 4th. Way to go Bronco’s. It is kind of neat that a little university like BSU could knock off TCU. I love following the team. Can’t wait for September.
We didn’t do anything exciting for New Year’s Eve or New Years Day. It was just fun to be home together and do whatever we wanted. We enjoyed the Christmas holiday and Emily’s birthday in December.

It was fun to do a sibling conference call with all of you and I have started looking into jet rides and the fiddle contest for the sibling reunion next June. It should be a lot of fun.

Things are always a little slower for me here at work in January once I get the monthly, quarterly and yearly reports finished. Dean and Levi stay busy getting ready for the new landscape year.

Sister Davis who lives over in Marsing, (her and Brother Davis were called to serve a mission in JV and stayed up at the ranch while Dean was the Branch President) turned 95 in January, so they had a 95th birthday party for her. It was a lot of fun to join all of her family and friends to help her celebrate her special day.

Emily and I took her to lunch and that was a lot of fun too.

When I think of Sister Davis I always remember Mom passing away on the 29th of January and Dad passing away on February 4th. I will always miss them.

We all stayed busy with the usual work, family and church things. Other than that I can’t think of a lot of exciting things going on. Hope all is well with each of you and your families.

No comments: