Thursday, October 16, 2008

Matt and Stephanie Fall News

So I'm lumping September and October together because I've been a slacker, and because in Minnesota Fall is pretty much over already. I imagine we'll all be wearing fur hats and snow boots in a few weeks and won't take them off again until May or so. (Notice my great attitude about Minnesota winters?) Well, Matt, Grant and Clark all headed back to school. Clark has preschool 3 mornings a week, which means Natalie and I have some "alone" time every once in a while. It's phenomenal. Grant is loving kindergarten and is already smarter than all the rest of us put together-- just ask him. I'm the PTO secretary (I don't know why it's not called the PTA here) and that's a piece of cake compared to being a Mormon. :) Our stake is participating in a pilot of the Church's new Hispanic Development Program, so I'm mentoring for that. It's a cool program to help immigrants learn the red tape of getting jobs, education, etc. so that they can be more self-reliant. Matt's been busy with school and is already in some midterm exams, so it's exciting that the semester is near its mid-point. We discovered that the drywall behind our shower tiles was all rotted out, so now we're trying to save up some money to remodel our master bath. There's nothing like sharing a bathroom with a bunch of potty-trained rookies. We loved General Conference. The boys actually did really well and paid quite a bit of attention to all four sessions (thanks to all my bribe-related activities). Now we're getting ready for our primary sacrament meeting program in a couple weeks which I feel strangely calm about. I've spent quite a bit of time on my new hobby, my blog for moms called Diapers and Divinity. I know I've mentioned it before but some of the cousins mentioned they couldn't get to it through the link I sent so here is one that should work for you. I'd love to have any of you moms out there drop in and have fun with me-- sometimes serious, sometimes humorous.

http://www.diapersanddivinity.com/Diapers_and_Divinity/Blog/Blog.html


I'm going to work tonight on updating our family blog as well if you'd like to drop in sometime and check out some pictures. http://mattsteph3kids.blogspot.com

We're getting excited for my mom and dad to come home soon and for the whole family to get together for Christmas. If the economy could just fix itself a little, we might even be able to afford a few presents. Love to all of you. Write some entries; I feel like I haven't heard from some of you in a while.

1 comment:

Reid and Laura said...

Steph, you're killing me really!! I check out your diaper blog, but you also have a family on too. WOW I dont' know how you do it. AMAZING that's all I can say.