Friday, April 9, 2010

David & Connie

The month started off with DISNEYLAND, Bart and I went with Jo and her family to tend Daysie. Although Bart decided she wanted to go on the rides, so we went into Disneyland the first say....ohhhhhh my aching feet! She can barely bend her legs or lift herself so Darin (mostly) and I had to lift her basically on and off of the rides. And she wanted to go on all the wild ones.... she even went on the "screamer" roller coaster... not me, I rode the carrousel 4 times with Natalie and Kylie and Daysie... that was enough excitement for me. Then of course the teacups are my favorite and it's a small world. Just the nice easy ones. I have to say I was more than content to just stay in the motel room the next day and watch Daysie!
Then Sunday was Braden's blessing... he looked so cute, the bishopric counselor announced "he has more hair than me"... Which he does, kind of a light brown. Then Laura hosted the dinner at her house 65 people, that's so nice she has a big place that would hold everyone. Fiola had made YUMMY pulled chicken sandwiches..
Braden went in for his 1 month checkup and was TWELVE pounds, I'd say by 6 months he will have passed Natalie up!

David has been a little busier this month so that is good. This economy is killing the building industry in our neck of the woods... but thankfully people still have problems, which is David's favorite thing to do. He's also got to do a little plumbing, which he enjoys, he helped one of my friends out and the pipe was really stuck I guess, she wrote and told me I had a "Strong" husband! =*) of course he likes being a "genius" better, but that was a good compliment too.

And the good news is UNLV BEAT BYU.... ohhhh too bad blue.

My work has been busy, they are talking of moving our office downtown but I keep telling them how our Priesthood likes us here close, and we have such nice offices that the church built....so I'm hoping they will leave us right where we are at!
Happy Birthday to Ruth. She was a good woman. And to you other March birthdays.

Betty Jo went with Darin this week to look at houses. Grandpa and I watched Natalie while they were gone, she's easy and good. =*) I can't believe Jo is moving to Texas. I will miss them and her good help with Mom, she's always so good to go get her if I'm busy and take her to lunch. I just call and say it and it's done. I really appreciate the help.

David has been busy being involved with FOX NEWS!!!! He gets so "excited" over Harry Reid. I think we almost had a major upheaval in our stake when our Stake Presidency announced that they were having a Harry Reid fireside.... but due to "threats" it was cancelled for safety reasons..... To his credit I guess he has had 4 boys go on missions, one is serving in a Bishopric, all 5 kids are married in the temple, he has a temple recommend, and has been married to the same wife for 50 years. The Presidency was concerned for the "hatred, venom" of the saints towards him "church wise", they said you could hate his politics but we shouldn't hate him, or judge him that he shouldn't have a temple recommend or that he should be excommunicated. That isn't our place.

Then of course with the health bill, David was watching that and getting the update on it.... he is funny to watch with, he’ll say "see, see" and then huff and puff... I just laugh.

My sister's husband joined the Air Force. Because he is a Dr. they gave him an "age" wavier. He starts the end of June then they are serving his first term at Hill Air Force base. It will be nice to have them a little closer. The drawback to that ended the month of March for me, she wanted me to go and look at homes for her..... And they are looking at "fixer ups" and they are more tricky to look at than just a nice home. I sent them 50 pictures of it, and they made an offer....

Jo and the kids took Grandma and I. While I was there I went to the "General Board" training for primary. It was good. I had never been in the assembly hall before that I remember, it was cool, I loved all the architect.
[Ed. Note: FYI: The Assembly Hall used to be called the Berrett Hall until a few years or so ago.]

March definitely went out like a lion in UTAH! I had taken sandals and a spring dress, only to wake up to SNOW and cold, to walk to the assembly hall.

No comments: