Monday, June 1, 2009

Sorensen Family Update

I thought about naming this entry "Coming out of the dark" since it's been so long since my last family update. In a nutshell, we're all doing well. Matt just started summer term at law school and we are beginning to glimpse some light at the end of the tunnel. He'll still have Fall semester and then one one-week course in January and he will be DONE (insert "hallelujiah chorus" here). What happens after that is still a mystery at this point. He has a good job at US Bank right now, so we'll see if we end up staying or if some good law opportunities arise elsewhere.

In the couple weeks he had off school between semesters, we took a fun weekend trip to Wisconsin Dells, which is kind of like the indoor water park mecca of the world. We all had fun. The next weekend, we hosted a lot of Matt's family that was in town for his sister's college graduation.

Grant is finishing up his kindergarten year and is playing little league baseball. He does pretty well, but the games are hilarious to watch. Clark can't wait until it's his turn next year (both kindergarten and baseball). Natalie is getting big and more spunky every day. She's an imaginative little chatterbox and she holds her own with the big brothers. And it's always fun for the kids and mom alike when we get to spend some time with David and Rebecca.

I got released this weekend as the Primary president, which I've done for pretty much the whole time we've lived here-- going on 3 years. I didn't know I was being released until I got called into the Stake President's office and got a new calling. Our Stake was just reorganized a couple weeks ago and I was called to be 1st counselor in the Stake Young Women's Presidency. It should be an interesting new adventure, but I really don't know what to expect yet. The exciting part is that Matt gets to take the kids to church by himself sometimes while I travel to ward conferences. I'm sure Matt's really excited about that.

In other exciting news, my blog (www.diapersanddivinity.com) got nominated as blog of the month at a community called "Mormon Mommy Blogs" that hosts over 1,000 bloggers. Since this is the closest I'll ever get to winner a major literary prize, maybe you could drop by the site (Click on this link here) and vote for me on the right sidebar. . . Especially since I'm getting spanked in the polls and you might want to defend your family honor.

Oh, we also had a duck build a nest right by our back door with eleven eggs. They just hatched last week and we got to follow the cute little waddlers down to the lake. It was fun.

Consider yourself updated. We send our love,

Stephanie

No comments: