

October was our 10th month of the year, and one of the best so far.
Amelia has been playing soccer and doing gymnastics, and of course she loves it. Nicolas tries to do it too and is catching up fast. I try to do it too, and nearly injure myself each time...
A lot of time and most of our money was spent trying to make improvements on our house such as fixing a leaking roof, a leaking wall, and a smaller-than-codes window upstairs. Now everything is fixed except our empty bank account...
We did manage to drive down to Florida and stay with some friends to watch them participate in the Florida Ironman. It was amazing to watch these folks swim bike and run for 12 hours non-stop. I felt so inspired, I determined to be more healthy and do things like eat less junk food.
That same night (in Florida) we went trick-or-treating with the kids. Amelia was an angel, and Nicolas was Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes. They got a ton of candy, and I felt it my parental duty to relieve them of most of it, thus sacrificing the resolution I had made only hours earlier for the sake of my children.
Melinda was inspired by the ironman as well: she's going to get shoulder surgery, which shoulder dislocates frequently and prevents her from doing things like swimming, gymnastics, and taking the kids halloween candy. Her surgery will be in 2 weeks, so keep her in your prayers.
Overall, October was a fabulous month. We're excited because Mom & Dad get home in a few weeks. We're so proud of them and happy they're coming home. Hooray!
-Gregory
No comments:
Post a Comment